Countermeasures against COVID-19 at the KINX data centers
We are KINX Co., Ltd., an Internet infrastructure provider.
KINX has been implementing an emergency response system since January to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note that the following measures are being implemented at KINX IDC to ensure smooth services and protect customer resources:
■ Dispersal of the IDC personnel
- The personnel at each KINX IDC has been divided into two or more groups.
- This allows the personnel on standby to be mobilized immediately if one of the employees working tests positive for COVID-19 or the building has to be disinfected and shut down.
■ Sanitation control and building disinfection
- All employees at KINX have their body temperature checked when they come into work and keep their facemasks on while at work. They sanitize their hands regularly as well.
- In order to prevent the spread of the virus at the IDC, the building is disinfected every 6 hours from 9 a.m.
- The elevators, door handles, desks for customers, shoe cabinet, etc. are disinfected frequently before and after customers visit.
■ Stringent visitation procedure
- The visitation procedure at the KINX IDC has been made more stringent to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
☞ Step 1: Hand sanitization and mandatory use of a facemask
☞ Step 2: Body temperature check prior to entry
☞ Step 3: Whole body disinfection using a spray sanitizer
☞ Step 4: Separate disposal of facemask, tissues used for disinfection, etc.
- Those who show symptoms of a fever (body temperature of 37.5℃ or higher) are not granted entry into the IDC. They are instead directed to the nearest screening center after contacting a nearby public health center.
- Visitors with symptoms of a fever are asked to fill out a document, providing their contact information and information on symptoms, overseas travel, COVID-19 test results (later time), etc. (Once the COVID-19 situation settles down, the documents will be destroyed.)
■ Establishment of an emergency response manual
- KINX has established an emergency response manual to effectively deal with confirmed cases and run drills for such situations.
- There are disease prevention and control supplies and emergency supplies at each center. In the event of an emergency, it is possible to mobilize the related personnel in protective suits to the IDC and deal with the situation.
At KINX, we will continue to do our best to tackle COVID-19 as a way to provide you with stable services and prevent any harm to your health.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.